The Water Hygiene Technician shall
- undertake monitoring and maintenance of building water services as part of a Legionella Control Program in accordance with ACoP L8 and HSG 274
- the monitoring inspections will involve temperature testing of water outlets, TMVs, inspection of cold water storage tanks and hot water storage vessels, water sample collection and showerhead disinfection
- the maintenance tasks may include minor plumbing repairs and water system disinfection work
- the inspections will be undertaken using a PDA and web based electronic log book system
- the role will involve working in a multi-site capacity predominantly throughout the Solihull area of Birmingham
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Water Hygiene Technician and the range of duties to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.