PERSONAL INJURY FEE-EARNER
An excellent and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant in the Personal Injury Department.
The vacancy is for a Paralegal or Solicitor to join the firm for 12 months maternity cover
This is a senior appointment incorporating high value and complex personal injury cases.
The role may include client contact and may extend beyond the main responsibilities listed below.
Main detailed responsibilities
* Assist the team in an assortment of personal injury claims.
* Demonstrate appropriate competency to deal with all aspects of your work.
* To have good written and verbal skills and a need to demonstrate drive, initiative and enthusiasm as well as an ability to work as part of a team within the firm''s Personal Injury Department;
* Liaise with Partners and the Department Head as necessary and to attend departmental meetings as requested by the Department Head;
* use of accounting and time recording software
* to ensure the confidentiality and security of all documentation to comply with the new GDPR regulations
* you will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative, complying with all relevant professional and regulatory obligations
* managing documentary disclosure
* taking witness statements
* producing Schedules of Loss and interim payment budget
* Instructing counsel and experts
* Producing indexed e- bundles for Court, dealing with e-filing/ proceedings/ applications etc
* You will be expected to provide a professional, efficient and friendly service to clients and maintain confidentiality at all times.
* To provide support in a professional and courteous manner in keeping with the firms standards for Client Care
* Be self-motivated and able to organise own workload with minimum supervision
* You will be expected to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and verbally with other parties whilst maintaining excellent working relationships. Be diplomatic and confident in communication with partners and staff
* You will need excellent spelling and grammar and pay attention to detail and quality of work
* You will be expected to comply with all office procedure requirements.
ACADEMIC SKILLS and DEVELOPMENT
* You will have a good academic record.
* Previous experience within the legal profession
* Computer Literate
* To undertake any specific training when required to do so
* Be proactive and achieve the best outcome for the firm
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* A suitable professional qualification or equivalent experience
* Significant experience of working in a personal injury department in a client facing role
* Experience in brain injuries and catastrophic injuries essential.
* Ability to work accurately, prioritise work and adhere to critical deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Proactive and ambitious, with a willingness to challenge in the best interest of the client
* IT literate, with experience of using case management (ideally Proclaim)
The role is full time 9am to 5.15pm Monday to Friday and will be working at one of the Chichester Offices.
My client are are offering a competitive salary to the successful candidate, commensurate with experience and ability.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO TANYA BROWN AT BROWNS RECRUITMENT GROUP AS DIRECTED
Similar jobs in you may be interested in: