Transport Planner - Assistant
Salary: £27k - £30k plus excellent benefits
Role: Full Time Permanent
Location: Hull - Humberside
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large European organisation in a Transport Planner -Assistant role. You will be responsible for planning and providing support to road, Sea & Rail freight throughout the UK. This is a new additional role to the planning team and you will be able to add real value to the FMCG organisation.
Role Information: -
* To provide operational support to drivers and customers.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal customers ensuring excellent operational performance.
* You will be responsible for giving effective and clear instructions using excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts/personnel.
* Plan, book, record and confirm all appropriate transport arrangements.
* Operate the computer traffic system ensuring accurate data input, regularly checking and updating confirmations, transactions and orders.
* Liaise with drivers, shipping agents & freight forwarders supplying them with clear and detailed instructions.
* Assume responsibility for any consignment issues within the transport office, reporting these to the Transport Manager and effectively handling any queries.
* Provide calculations regarding sales and job costs in accordance with internal procedures. Responsible for issuing rate confirmations as and where necessary and recording these agreements.
* Arrange additional resource or alternative options to effectively cover all operational activity.
* Ensure planning carried out in the most efficient and cost effective way to achieve optimum margin potential.
* Logistics experience
* Familiar with using Excel
* Excellent communication
* Commercially focused
Similar jobs in you may be interested in:
Distribution Team Leader
|Salary: £30000 to £30000 per Annual||View|
3.5T MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER - ALDERSHOT - £11.24PH
|Salary: £11.24 to £11.24 per Hourly||View|
Class 2 Hiab Driver
|Salary: £12.94 to £12.94 per Hourly||View|
Mobile HGV Technician - Surrey
|Salary: £35162 to £50000 per Annual||View|
LGV/HGV C+E Class 1 Driver
|Salary: £33676 to £33676 per Annual||View|