Darlington, County Durham
Transport Distribution Manager
Salary: £47k - £50k
Type: Full time permanent
Location: Darlington - North East - Teesside
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large global organisation in a Transport Distribution Manager role. You will Lead the operations driving team managing a fleet of upto 60 vehicles ensuring customer service - optimisation, have responsibility of drivers, fleet management, health & safety + compliance ensuring all KPI''s are achieved.
Key Areas: -
* CPC qualification
* Leadership, People & fleet Management
* Compliance, health & safety, incident / accident investigations
The key responsibilities:-
* Driver Management - effective performance management, coach & support
* Hold disciplinary and grievance hearings in line with company policies.
* Manage MPG performance and driving efficiency records, implement improvement actions where required.
* Responsibility for your fleet WTD & Tachograph Infringements.
* Manage heath & safety investigations
* Monitor and review fleet ensuring vehicle maintenance is planned effectively
* Customer - develop and maintain productive relationships with regional customer sites and representatives. Ensure relevant KPI''s are prepared and targets for performance reviews are met.
* Act as main point of contact on a regional level to develop and exceed customer expectations.
* Customer Service - Responsible for the delivery of a high standard of Customer Service against agreed targets.
* Financial - Responsible for ensuring agreed targets are met within the P&L (overall revenue, logistics earnings / costings, client & team management
* Sales maximisation - Responsible for continual sales maximisation by means of regular contact with all customers.
* Team management - Drivers
* Leadership & Management - Responsible for all aspects of L&M. Performance Management, coaching, mentoring, engagement, development & communication.
* Manage internal and external customer service against a standard set of KPIs & budgets
* Adherence to all maintenance related activity working closely with the operations team to achieve full compliance
* Previous experience of working within a supply chain logistics environment
* Previous experience of FMCG multi customer operations
* Excellent knowledge of Planning principles
* Good analytical and numerical skills
* Good knowledge of Microsoft / Excel applications
Similar jobs in you may be interested in:
|Salary: £21000 to £21000 per Annual||View|
3.5T MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER - ALDERSHOT - £11.24PH
|Salary: £11.24 to £11.24 per Hourly||View|
Mobile HGV Technician - Surrey
|Salary: £35162 to £50000 per Annual||View|
|Salary: £50000 to £60000 per Annual||View|
Fleet Maintenance Controller
|Salary: £23000 to £23500 per Annual||View|