Stores Section Team LeaderConstruction
Date Added: 06/05/2022 10:02:18
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Our client designs, manufactures and installs modular buildings to be delivered to site as building structures or to be incorporated into building structures. This role is responsible for materials management, activity scheduling, goods receiving, stock control, manufacturing order kitting, logging of SCAR and NCR rejection/replacement and housekeeping of Stores areas.
The purpose of the role is to ensure prompt flow of materials from goods receiving through to despatch whilst maintaining stock accuracy, EHS requirements and housekeeping standards.
• Develop, lead and motivate Stores personnel
• Host daily team start up meetings covering priorities, time allocation, housekeeping and improvements
• Track and report key functional metrics for stock outs, stock accuracy, on time kitting of materials and promptness of booking in
• Improve stores housekeeping ensuring compliance to EHS policies using lean principles and 5s methodology
• Oversee goods receiving process including visual checks and inspection (where necessary) and to liaise with Purchasing to ensure improvements to supplier documentation
• Oversee adherence to materials control policies and procedures
• Be a focal point to present material control policies to visitors and suppliers
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks to security of supply
• Liaise with production teams to sequence, prepare and deliver materials to lineside locations
• Oversee changes to stores layout/ bin locations when necessary for instances such as prototype development, significant engineering change, product obsolescence etc
SCOPE OF THE JOB
• To cover all material infeed into the factory, oversee control of materials to the manufacturing line through to despatch.
• Undertake all MRP transactions ensuring that MRP data aligns with stock levels and build status
• Oversee Training Matrix and development of team to meet the objectives of the organisation
Key Skills :
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Proven working experience in Storekeeping / Stock Management Full FLT licence Computer Literate Experience of MRP or other Stock Control and Scheduling System Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures Solid judgement along with decision making skills Strong leadership capabilities College Qualification in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
(Birmingham Industrial Industrial)
B36 0EH 01216471081 http://hremploymentbureau.co.uk About this company HR Employment Bureau is an independently owned local recruitment agency that prides itself on matching skilled local candidates to innovative industrial sectors, as well as various commercial and management positions. With over 40 combined years experience within the Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Office Services, Professional & Public Sector recruitment industries, we are ideally placed to service both multinational business as well as other independent local firms. More jobs from this employer No Jobs Found for this Company